So, now that we've dropped 3 games straight, and our odds of making the playoffs dropped from a season high 79.5% on June 1st to 68.7% today, can we justify ripping off the Pirates by also taking Bobby Crosby's rally mustache challenge AND Delwyn Young's high-sock mandate? Pretty please? Carl Pavano has got a huge head-start on the mustache, so everyone else needs to catch up quickly!
[For everyone already complaining about the Pavano 'stache...it will look way cooler/funnier/more awesome once everyone does it. Trust me.]
And speaking of other ideas we need to steal....Amanda Rykoff, The OCD Chick, alerted me to THIS yesterday. That's right. A whole calendar full of baseball players holding puppies [and kittens. I should not forget the kittens...]! Looking at the pictures makes me incredibly happy. And sad at the same time...because this has been going on for FOUR years and I did not know about it.
This is the type of breaking news that I should be informed of IMMEDIATELY. If someone called me and woke me out of a deep sleep at 3:30am to say "Just wanted you to know, there's been another baseball player holding a puppy sighting," I would not even be mad. (OK...I would be mad for approximately 23 seconds, until my brain un-fogged, and then I would be really really happy). Four years of missing out on this amazing information is unacceptable.
As a way for the universe to repay me for this travesty of justice, I think the Twins should steal this idea. If only we had a Twins personality that was passionately committed to a variety of cuddly causes that could benefit from such a wonderful fundraiser....Oh wait!. We do...
In Houston, some players pose with their own pups, and others pose with shelter animals (Awwwww!). I, naturally, think that I would make an excellent casting director for such a venture in Minnesota. "Puppy-lovin' baseball fans" is pretty much my entire niche market. I'm pretty sure I could come up with a Twins calendar that would sell oodles and oodles of copies.
Considering I have now given this about 17 hours of solid thought in the past two days, here are some of my initial ideas for puppy (and kitten!)-player match ups.
- Matt Tolbert and one (or two...or possibly five) itty bitty fluffy Golden Retriever puppies. Duh.
- Delmon Young in a red fireman's hat pulling a medium size litter of Dalmatians in a red Radio Flyer wagon. I would title the picture "Delmations."
- Jason Kubel playing a game of yarn ball with a little tabby kitten.
- Nick Punto playing catch with my neighbor's Jack Russell named Riley. They are both really scrappy.
- Justin Morneau with a Samoyed puppy. Any Samoyed will do. They are adorable, and I'm pretty sure they like Canada.
- Brendan Harris with these kittens. All of them.
I have more ideas for everyone...but I have to go to work now, and I want to hear everyone else's ideas too. Who should pose how and with which tiny adorable fluffy critter?
Friday Random Ten
1. You're Gonna Lose That Girl--The Beatles
2. Bang Bang--K'naan (featuring Adam Levine)
3. Meet Me Halfway--Black Eyed Peas
4. In the Night--Basia Bulat
5. Separate Ways--Journey
6. Cheeseburger in Paradise--Jimmy Buffett
7. Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse--Of Montreal
8. Feel Like Myself--Brendan Benson
9. If You Say Jump, I Will Say No--Irving (This is possibly my personality's theme song...)
10. I Am In Love With You--Imogen Heap
What are you randomly listening to today?