Welcome to Detroit, where hopes and dreams go to die.
I didn't watch the game. So...there's not much I can say about it. Let's do bullet points instead.
- I really hope everything is OK with the Blackburns. I worry. Since we've kind of sort of adopted the Blackburns as our most favorite baseball family, we only want sparkly good happy things for them, here at Oh It's THOSE Girls.
- Target Field tours are finally for sale. I'm a little miffed that they're only offered on days when there is no home game. I'm not sure what the reasoning is...most other facilities at least offer a morning tour on gamedays. With so many Twins fans in places like Iowa, North and South Dakota, etc. who will travel to Target Field specifically FOR games, it really kind of screws them over. I drive 2 hours to games. Chances are, though I'd love to take the tour, I'm not going to waste the time or the gas to go to Target Field to NOT watch baseball. There are plenty of baseball tourists who will likely miss out on a tour too, unless they plan a trip around an off-day. Which is dumb.
- A new kind of fantasy baseball game launches tomorrow at RosterSlots.com. And I was invited to participate in the "Experts League." Hold your applause, please. It combines elements of traditional fantasy baseball with the luck-of-the-spin slot machine mentality. Tell me that doesn't sound awesome. Since you can change your roster every day, with just a few spins, it adds a little bit of excitement to your fantasy life, during the long long baseball season. Go check it out. It sounds like it could be especially fun for fantasy novices. It's free...no gambling involved.
- I need a team name for said new fantasy team. Someone think of something clever...I'm tapped out.
Friday Random Ten.
Put your music library in "random" mode, and post the 1st 10 songs. No editing to make yourself seem cooler allowed. (GB Leighton I am talking to you.)
Here's mine today:
1. Tristan & Iseult--The Decemberists
2. Changes in Latitudes--Jimmy Buffett
3. Get Out the Map--Indigo Girls
4. Borderline/Open Your Heart--Glee Cast (yes. I bought the entire Glee Madonna album. And I love it.)
5. Butterflies and Airplanes--The Clarks
6. The Blues are Still Blue--Belle & Sebastion
7. The Longest Day in the Afternoon--Irving
8. Inside Out--Eve 6
9. Vacation--The Go Go's
10. Whoopee Weiners--Mary Mack (local comedienne who is AMAZING.)
Have a good Friday!