Thursday, September 24, 2009
To the concerned folks who've emailed me, and those that have commented here, thanks....and I'm fine. I'm not dead... or maimed, even. And the other day, my mother even admonished me for neglecting this blog. That's when I know things are BAD.
I just don't really have anything amusing to say right now.
While a pennant race is always fun, and I obviously hope we win the division--just because it's kind of fun sticking it to Detroit and Chicago--I can't really get too excited about a possible playoff berth in any sort of dimension of reality.
I'm just having an off season as a superfan. To use lame relationship cliches as metaphors, I will always love the Twins, but this season I am just not IN love with them. Also...it's not you, it's me...if that helps any.
And if I've learned one thing, it's that when it comes to this blog, if I can't say something amusing or enthusiastic, I just shouldn't say anything at all.
I'm looking forward to spending the last weekend of the regular season at the Metrodome though, partaking in obsessive compulsive superstitious baseball habits I've developed and perfected over the past 20-odd years for the last time. I guess I will start fresh next season with new idiosyncrasies. Or not. We'll see.
Posted by Sarah at 12:09 PM
Thursday, September 10, 2009
I interrupt this spontaneously non-scheduled haitus to bring you an important message:
Frequent blog commenter and Inventer of the Define Your Verification Word Game, Jeremiah, is in a bind. He can't use his 2 season tickets for Friday night's 7pm game against Oakland and is looking for someone to buy them, short notice. They're in section 232, row 21.
In order to help, I have crafted a super helpful list. Obviously.
Ten reasons to buy Jeremiah's Tickets to Friday's game vs. Oakland
1) At $20 apiece (with maybe even a little wiggle room there if you ask really really nicely), it's less than face value at single game pricing. And let's face it, friends don't let friends pay retail for Oakland.
2) This is the Next-to-Next-to-Last-Friday Night you can spend at the Dome.
3) This is an excellent oppotunity to mock the A's for wearing white shoes after Labor Day.
4) Two words: Craig. Breslow.
5) It's something to do between the NFL Thursday night game, and college football on Saturday.
6) Buying these tickets from Jeremiah is at least 7 times less sketchy than buying tickets from the loitering scalper brigade.
7) If you don't go to the game, it is entirely possible that Glen Perkins will file a grievance against you.
8) In the upper deck, you're a safe distance away from the Oakland players. The chances that one of them will be able to climb up that far and shank you during the 7th inning stretch are slim at best. I mean, anything is possible...but you're probably out of harm's way.
9) A rousing game of I Spy Terrifying Facial Hair is so much more fun when we play Oakland. Only the White Sox offer up a more satisfying competition.
10.) OK. I lied. There are actually only 9 reasons I could think of. BUT they are 9 really good reasons.
If you're interested, or know someone who is, send me an email and I'll pass it along. I have an email listed on my blogger profile.
And if the tickets are spoken for by the time you read this, the logic of my awesome list still stands, and have no fear, there is always the loitering scalper brigade. Or....you know....the ticket window.
Posted by Sarah at 6:31 AM