Did I actually see a 4-out save for Nathan?
Somebody pinch me.
Thank you Gardy.....just....thank you.
And thank you Joe Nathan. And Kevin Slowey. And Brendan Harris. And Go-Go! I've now watched the replay of that catch at least a dozen times, and it never gets less amazing.
There are worthy baseball boyfriends everywhere, folks.
If we could just bottle some of that up and take it on the road with us, that would be great.
In Target Field news, did everyone see the picture of the planned Budweiser deck thingy?
Looks fun. When I first looked at it, I realized 2 important things.
1) It looks like just the sort of place one might enjoy a cold refreshing beverage and some tasty waffle fries.
2) This blog has gone far too long with-out a post tagged "Waffle Fries."
And THAT got me thinking about my wishes for the new ballpark. Aside from my well-documented and futile wishes for even a minimum amount of climate-control, we haven't really talked about our hopes and dreams on this blog yet. So let's do it.
Here are some of mine:
- Walks Will Haunt animation (I enthusiastically second this idea raised by our good friend tammy!)
- A cash-register "ring 'em up" sound effect for strike-outs.
- Waffle fries. Preferably served in souvenir mini-helmets. (And here's the deal Target Field...if you give me waffle fries, I will try extra hard not to complain about being cold.)
- Once a week cage matches between TC Bear and Bullseye the Target Dog.
- Real fireworks instead of those weird red emergency flare things that they shot off on Opening Day during the National Anthem, which made me snicker, which made people glare at me. (Although this is on the list mostly for the benefit of others. I, personally, hate fireworks. They make me jumpy.)
- A mini-Target Field giveaway day, to match our mini-Metrodomes.
- Extra security to keep us all safe in that neighborhood when we're camping out for mini-Target Fields.
- The triumphant return of the Cotton Candy Milkshake Man. (Please? Pretty please?)
- A post-game concert from The Hold Steady at some point during the season.
- More pirate dancing (someone please tell me you also remember the weird pre-game pirate dance from one of the games last season...)
How about you? What are you hoping to see/hear/taste/etc. at Target Field? And how will we collectively cope with inevitable disappointment?