1. Twins Win. Against an AL East team, even!
2. Nick Blackburn=Awesome. SO Awesome.
3. Nick Punto=Also Awesome. Clearly it was a good night to be named Nick.
4. Justin Morneau being Justin Morneau and doing Justin Morneau-type things. Did we all not see that HR coming the second they walked Joe Mauer to get to Justin? Silly Red Sox....Walks Will Haunt. It says so right on our big jumbotron screen.
5. Matt Guerrier+Joe Nathan looking like the Minnesota Twins bullpen we know and love.
6. Carlos Gomez and Delmon Young making up for offensive struggles with game-saving defense. Way to contribute guys!
7. Ian Kinsler. Really just for being alive and playing baseball and wearing high socks.
8. Joe Crede didn't break his hand.
9. Neither did Matt Capps!
10. Matt Weiters is getting called up on Friday. Not that this helps me as a Twins fan, it's just exciting to get to see new uber-talents get a chance in the Bigs. They used to say he was going to be "like Joe Mauer, but with power." Now, I guess they have to just say he's going to be "exactly like Joe Mauer." (FYI This just leaves Andrew McCutchen of the Pirates to get called up to satisfy my prospect excitement for the year. I love Andrew McCutchen. He's got awesome hustle, and is quite possibly one of the nicest players in the world, based on my own brief anecdotal evidence.)
There were clearly more than 10 Awesome Things that happened today, but my head hurts and I need sleep....so feel free to add anything I missed!