Anyway, I was at Target and I DID see a humidifier I would probably buy for the name alone, if I wanted a humidifier. It was called "The Adorable Humidifier." I'm not joking. It looked like a frog. Which is all right, I suppose. Frogs are OK. I'm not sure it's that adorable though. I mean, it's no Matt Tolbert holding a puppy and eating an ice cream cone, that's for sure.
[Note to humidifier marketers: If you made a humidifier that looked like Matt Tolbert holding a puppy and eating an ice cream cone, I would buy it. Even if I didn't want a humidifier.]
Anyway, I hope to be back to form soon.
I've listened to or watched every S.T. game thus far, because that in and of itself requires no energy at all, and it makes me happy. Except when we lose, which just makes me swear.
Noteable things that I've remembered from the past few games:
- Sunday when the Twins were way ahead, and they started holding runners up instead of letting them score out of courtesy, I thought "If the Twins are that worried about a big lead, they should just put Jose Mijares in." And then they did. And I laughed. And then he got hurt and I felt a little bit bad.
- I might start a new religion based on Kevin Slowey and his magical bat. There's not much I love more than pitchers that can hit. This solidifies my resolve to roadtrip during interleague.
- Justin Morneau homeruns never get old.
Other things of note:
- If you Google the phrase "Feral Weiner Dog," this blog has the numero uno listing. I'm quite proud of this fact.
- I'm also proud to be representing all of womankind in ESPN's Play Ball With Amanda and Melissa Podcast's listener fantasy baseball league, The Battle of the Sexes. You can listen to today's podcast at ESPN.com to hear my entry, which includes a familiar Those Girls reference to my favorite baseball stats. I have the best nickname, in my opinion....."Totally Awesome Sarah." If you listen to the podcast and all the dudes' entries...you should know that hearing one entry flipped my blood-thirsty uber-competitive switch to ON. I believe my immediate response was "I. Will. Crush. You." Should be good times! Stay tuned!
- Looks like there's some interest in banding together to get a table with a player at the Twins Luncheon on 4/8. If we can get 9 people, it'll cost $77.78 a person. That's a lot of 7's (it's actually an infinite number of 7's, but I rounded up). Which is lucky. This only confirms my suspicion that this is a very very good idea. I think we need like 3 more people. Leave a comment or send me an email soon if you think you might be interested.