Yes, It was a painful loss. People can say what they want, but after an official Those Girls phone conference this morning, our official line is: We Blame Pudge. Save the venom for the real bad guys.
So we're going to try to keep everybody's chi in line by infusing some happy thoughts into the Twins Universe.
Who Needs a Hug
Here are 10 Positives:
- We like your hair. Whether it is long or short.
- You are always SUPER nice to fans. We appreciate that.
- We think you might have an evil sense of humor, and we like that. A lot.
- You play cribbage.
- Your Pre-Game basketball playing ritual is amusing to us.
- Your name is really fun to say.
- Your salary is less than 1/3 of Juan Rincon's and we never hear you complain about it.
- You like to draw. That's cool.
- You are really good at baseball. (Everyone has a bad day at work once in a while.)
- This is an awesome story about you. We don't know if it's true or not, but we choose to believe it.
"Ever since he was a little kid, Matt KNEW he wanted to be a Major League pitcher. When he was in sixth grade, he was selected to speak at "graduation" and say what he wanted to be when he grew up. When he told administrators what he was going to say, they told him he couldn't JUST do that. . .so he got up to the microphone and said, "I want to play Major League baseball. . .and write children's books. . ."
Then in seventh grade, his English teacher gave an assignment to the class to write about what they wanted to do when they grew up. Of course he wrote about baseball. The teacher returned it to him and said he needed to rewrite it. Rather than grading him on structure/grammar/spelling,