I was so in love with this game that losing it really broke my heart. I may have teared up a little and thrown a couple things.
Here's a brief look at what I loved most about this game:
- Go-Go was on fire. Until his hamstring was too :(
- Justin Morneau is AWESOME at baseball.
- After Justin's grand slam, one of the Twins in the miked dugout very clearly said "I'm gonna need my underwear back!" There is NOTHING about that sentence that I do not love, and I didn't even need to make it up in my head.
- I love that both teams' closing pitchers wear the number 36 and are both insanely attractive. I wish ours would have actually gotten to PLAY...but whatever.
- The Texas announcers and I would totally be BFF if we knew each other. We love the same players...Jarrod "Salty" Saltalamacchia, Carlos Gomez, Bert Blyleven, Eddie Guardado, etc. There was a weird moment where they lingered a little too long commenting on Joe Mauer's "angular body and smooooth swing," but I tried to ignore it.
- The announcers also have the same sense of humor I do. When Paul the Peanut Man said the sentence "It gets our nuts nice and hot," it took them like 2 minutes to stop snickering. Roughly the same amount of time it took me to stop also. Then they replayed it later, just because. I bet they would LOVE Gardy's bathroom caulk ad too.
- They informed us all that Ian Kinsler's favorite cookies are snickerdoodles, and then proceeded to say "belly full of snickerdoodles," no less than three times because it's fun to say. Then I tried it, and it IS fun to say!
- They had cool stories about Mike Lamb...including the time the Rangers made him catch a game even though he'd never caught in his life. It made me like Mike Lamb a little more.