- His brother is Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez, and "El Duque" is a super cool nickname.
- He was the '97 World Series MVP for the Marlins, and played with Luis Castillo....who I legitimately DO like. Something must've rubbed off....right?
- Livan's nickname is "Spanky." Well...it is NOW...that I've given it to him.
- He's reportedly good at hitting. Which doesn't really mean anything for us in the A.L....but I still appreciate it. Could help during Interleague.
- Livan is from Cuba. Adam Rodriguez from CSI: Miami is 1/4 Cuban. I really like Adam Rodriguez.
- Adam Rodruiguez wanted to be a professional baseball player when he was younger. So did Livan.
- Sometimes I drink mojitos, and they are also from Cuba.
- He has a wife and kids. Which, apparently, makes people more likable. This is why, in TV shows and movies, people who are held at gunpoint tell their attackers that they have wives and children. (If I was held at gunpoint, I would be totally screwed. "Please don't kill me...I need to know what happens to Dean on Supernatural.")
- Livan likes rabbits.**
- "Livan" is an anagram for "Anvil." Anvils are funny.
And that's all I've got for now. I'm sure I can think of tons more by the time the doors open on the 31st. So, no worries
*I'm considering hiring a Sherpa for the trek. If you know of a good one in the Metro area, get in touch.
**This is pure speculation. But very important nonetheless, as when I was 7, this was the sole qualification I used to choose my friends.