- I think we won today. Every indication is that the Twins got 4 runs and the O's got 2. But the game summary on the Twins site says "Mauer stays hot with two-run homer, RBI single in loss." Which is weird. And confusing. Maybe it is opposite day, or "Play Baseball Like It Is Golf Day" and no one let me know.
- Anyway, if indeed we DID win, Joe can be the boyfriend. 3 RBI is pretty good. Thanks Joe.
- Lacking any Twins ball to listen to/watch, I watched the Yankees play the Virginia Tech squad. It was worth watching. I'll give credit where credit is due and say that it was a good thing the Yankee team did. It clearly meant so much to everyone involved. It just goes to show that baseball really is so much more than just a game.
- Having had like 3 different strains of whatever hellacious flu bug is going around, I feel really bad for Scott Baker. It was bad enough for me, and I wasn't under pressure to be all physical and professionally basebally or anything. Poor guy.
- Hey Scott, you know what helps ME when I'm sick? Sprite Zero and O.J mixed together, Red NyQuil*, and countless hours of Gilmore Girls on DVD. I know, I know...Gilmore Girls doesn't sound manly enough for a professional baseball player...but trust me on this. EVERYONE loves Gilmore Girls. It will make you feel better, I promise. You'll be up and at 'em before you know it.
*I know the caplets are more convenient and less disgusting, but the red liquid NyQuil works way better. So just man up and do the shot.